Monday, January 7, 2013

The Crazy called Apple..

I cant help but post my agony and bewilderment I faced during my visit to apple store today.. Thanks to my friend who planned to buy an iPod shuffle.. Yes.. the Tiny iPod from Apple in an even Tinier container

              As we entered the store I couldn't help  but notice the crowd.. who were all amused as they watched the gadgets in front of them.. Well.. they all the look the same except for the different shapes and sizes.. the mini's, 4s, 5s etc.. We got lost among the whites, blacks (gadget colors) and the red's (At last the folks who sell at apple get to wear a new color)..

              As we looked around for help, one of the ladies in the red spotted us and came over and said "Do you guys need some help?" We said "Yes" in unison.. Here comes the shocker.. My friend said "I plan to buy an iPod shuffle".. and the lady said "That's it??".. Does that phrase sound familiar? It does to me.. this is what we get if we go to a big super market and buy Gum worth 2 $ or go to a big restaurant and order 'just' French fries.. Now that IPod shuffle cannot be analogous to aforementioned gum or fries.. After all that things worth around "50 BUCKS"...

             Here comes the next one.. The lady pointed to a section in the store and said "over there".. I wondered what's over there.. We swam through the sea of people all engrossed in the world of apple.. moving their fingers to the left, right, up, down.. on the screens all amused..   and we finally reached that area.. It was marked "Express something..".. We had to stand in line.. and the person in front of us asks.. "Do you have an IPhone 5 in white?".. The store guy there says with a hint of arrogance.. "IPhone 5 black, 16 GB only".. This guy goes "Give it to me".. This seemed to me like the guy was so desperate that.. even if the store guy said.. "IPhone 5 Green, 1 GB" also, the guy would have said.. "Give me"..

             Then all of the other guys took IPad's, IPad mini's and the conversation was like..
The Other Guy: "I want an IPad"
The Store Guy: "What Color"
The Other Guy: "White"
The Store Guy: "What capacity"
The Other Guy: "16 Gig"
and that was about it.. he puts that box into a cover with a half eaten apple on it.. and "swooshhhh.." goes the card through a weird looking reader connected to the iPhone.. That's all it took for a transaction worth 500 $.. It seemed to me like purchase of vegetables.. "Kya chahiye?".. "Adha kilo aalo.. " and the dukaanwala.. Puts the aaloo in a cover and that's it..

            Then it was our turn.. I couldn't help but notice the table on which all these boxes in different sizes were stacked.. Just like vegetables in the market.. The smaller the value of the item, the more the number.. I could see the IPod's all arranged in rows of different colors and sizes...

"3 Ipod shuffle!!" My friend said.. Much to my shock.. I thought he was gonna buy one..
"Which Color" Store Guy said..
"Two in Silver, one in black".. and the next thing we know.. "Swooshhhhh... " Goes the card.. stripping my friend of around 150 bucks..

            Then we went around to stores we planned and didn't plan until our legs were tired and throats dry.. and we resorted to "Starbucks".. Yes the "bucks" you pay there reach the "stars".... Took a drink and sat near a fountain beside the Apple store.. and we watched as people went in and came out.. with covers having half eaten apple on them.. with boxes of different shapes in them.. all happy and satisfied.. Even after all that time.. the crowd remained the same.. as if it was some sort of a planned mission.. "Two people went out.. send two people in!!!"..

            I felt this is the Crazy..  'called Apple'..
 

No comments: